OBJECTIVE: To bring ideas to life by collaborating with other creative individuals in conceptualization, design, visualization, and prototyping.
• Supported the advanced mission development group at NASA’s Johnson Space Center to create high-quality engineering visualization of future human spaceflight missions. Provided first order spatial analysis to concept team to allow them rapid completion of their products. Developed the majority of imagery in support of NASA’s asteroid redirect mission briefings and public outreach.
• Project industrial design lead in the development of multiple internationally-marketed mobility devices and accessories. Responsible for coordinating efforts with mechanical and electrical engineers to ensure aesthetic, functional, and ergonomic goals were met. Involved with product styling, user interface design, CAD modeling, 3D visualization renderings, and physical prototyping.
• Independently responsible for design and development of 3D models, textures, and shaders for master’s thesis project. Placed first in university art show competition for 3D Environment Modeling.
• Developed foundation models and animation for ADDY Award-winning video demonstration for DARPA. Responsible for storyboarding, 3D modeling, texturing, animation, and editing.
• Expert 3D modeling, animation, and rendering skills using Maya, Modo, ZBrush, Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max , Mudbox, & Mental Ray.
• Advanced media production and compositing skills using Adobe CC & Apple Final Cut.
• Extensive CAD, 3D printing, & prototyping experience in DSS Solidworks, PTC Creo, & Dimension BST.
• Accomplished design skills including storyboarding, ideation sketching, model-making, & prototyping.
• Exceptional visualization and presentation skills using digital, and traditional ideation techniques.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
3D Multimedia Specialist, Analytical Mechanics Associates, Houston, TX, 2012 – Present
Multimedia development and visualization animation for NASA’s advanced mission concept development group.
Freelance Designer, Martinez, CA, 2009 – 2012
Visualization rendering, media production, and graphic design services for various clients.
MFA Degree: Animation & Visual Effects, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, 2009 – 2012
3D Modeling emphasis. Graduated Cum Laude.
Industrial Designer, Pride Mobility Products, Exeter, PA, 2007 – 2009
In-house industrial designer for mobility product company. Responsible for design, CAD, modeling, user interface design, 3D rendering, and prototyping. Promoted from junior industrial designer to staff industrial designer.
Motion Graphic Designer, The Center for Instructional Design, Provo, UT, 2006 – 2007
Personal motion/graphic specialist for creative director. Responsible for special high-priority, short-term projects.
Design Intern/Animator, Media Fusion, Huntsville, AL, 2005
Digital media services for multiple clients including NASA, DARPA, and COLSA. Responsible for storyboarding, modeling, texturing, rendering, editing, and render farm setup. Promoted from intern to staff animator.
Graphic Designer, The Hive Network, Provo, UT, 2004 – 2005
User interface and graphic design for professional networking startup.
BFA Degree: Industrial Design, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 2003 – 2007
Minored in manufacturing engineering. Sponsored design projects with Motorola, PCE Fitness, Little Giant Ladder, and Intel.
HONORS & AWARDS
• NASA Group Achievement Award: Asteroid Redirect Mission Concept Development
• Academy of Art University Spring Show Winner, 1st Place 3D Environment Modeling, 2012
• IDSA Student Merit Award Winner, Brigham Young University, 2007