OBJECTIVE: To use my creative and technical expertise in collaboration with other disciplines to bring creative ideas to fulfillment and to mentor the professional development of others.
• Provided multiple high fidelity visualization products of NASA spacecraft concepts that were used in White House briefings to the President of the United States.
• Designed and finished custom 3D printed, reconfigurable scale models of NASA’s Deep Space Gateway conceptual spacecraft design or presentation to the leadership of the European Space Agency, the Japanese Space Agency, and Russian Space Agency.
• Independently developed a realtime 3D visualization and evaluation tool for internal NASA teams to review their design decisions regarding the Deep Space Gateway.
• Project industrial design lead in the development of multiple internationally-marketed mobility devices and accessories. Traveled internationally to China to review initial factory production units.
• Independently responsible for design and development of 3D models, textures, and shaders for master’s thesis project. Placed first in university art show competition for 3D Environment Modeling.
• Developed foundation models and animation for ADDY Award-winning video demonstration for DARPA. Responsible for storyboarding, 3D modeling, texturing, animation, and editing.
• Expert 3D modeling, animation, rendering, CAD, and 3D printing skills using Maya, Modo, ZBrush, Substance, Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max , Mudbox, Mental Ray, Fusion 360, DSS Solidworks & PTC Creo.
• Adept development skills for realtime engines and VR interaction using Unity & Unreal Engine.
• Advanced media production and compositing skills using Adobe CC & Apple Final Cut.
• Accomplished design skills including storyboarding, ideation sketching, model-making, & prototyping.
HONORS & AWARDS
• NASA Group Achievement Award: Asteroid Redirect Mission Concept Development
• Academy of Art University Spring Show Winner, 1st Place 3D Environment Modeling, 2012
• IDSA Student Merit Award Winner, Brigham Young University, 2007
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
3D Multimedia Specialist, Analytical Mechanics Associates, Houston, TX, 2012 – Present
Multimedia development and visualization animation for NASA’s advanced mission concept development group.
Freelance Designer, Martinez, CA, 2009 – 2012
Visualization rendering, media production, and graphic design services for various clients.
MFA Degree: Animation & Visual Effects, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, 2009 – 2012
3D Modeling emphasis. Graduated Cum Laude.
Industrial Designer, Pride Mobility Products, Exeter, PA, 2007 – 2009
In-house industrial designer for mobility product company. Responsible for design, CAD, modeling, user interface design, 3D rendering, and prototyping. Promoted from junior industrial designer to staff industrial designer.
Motion Graphic Designer, The Center for Instructional Design, Provo, UT, 2006 – 2007
Personal motion/graphic specialist for creative director. Responsible for special high-priority, short-term projects.
Design Intern/Animator, Media Fusion, Huntsville, AL, 2005
Digital media services for multiple clients including NASA, DARPA, and COLSA. Responsible for storyboarding, modeling, texturing, rendering, editing, and render farm setup. Promoted from intern to staff animator.
Graphic Designer, The Hive Network, Provo, UT, 2004 – 2005
User interface and graphic design for professional networking startup.
BFA Degree: Industrial Design, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 2003 – 2007
Minored in manufacturing engineering. Sponsored design projects with Motorola, PCE Fitness, Little Giant Ladder, and Intel.